Therapeutic treatment sessions
The role of an occupational therapist can be wide and varied, as fundamentally we look at every aspect of the individuals life.
In order for our interventions to be most effective, a joint approach with the client’s rehabilitation team/school/work place is often essential.
Our occupational therapists and occupational therapy technical instructors set treatment goals and work regularly with clients to achieve these together.
We endeavour to make sessions as enjoyable as we can for people of all ages.
- Working on improved sitting balance and upper limb function through play
- Practicing driving a powered wheelchair
- Practicing, planning and carrying out a shopping trip
- Writing a CV
- Preparing a meal
- Managing household tasks such as cleaning and laundry
- Liaising with a client’s employer to facilitate return to work